Thursday, May 31, 2012
I really love cooking. I don't mind spending too much time in the kitchen while preparing a new creation. In general, I don't have any problem when it comes to cooking savory things. Even my International food is absolutely delicious.
However there is a curse over me. All desserts, that I try to make, are horrible...Yes, I don't mind to admit it. I have to put up with my boyfriend's strange look, burnt sponge cakes and so on xD.
But last Sunday, I struggled to break that curse. The name of the miracle is: Coulant au Chocolat or Chocolate Lava Cake. This delicious dessert has one legend: It was the result of a major cooking disaster (I think the combination of the words dessert + disaster describes me perfectly LOL). The legend reads that the chef tried to make some simple chocolate cakes but someone (not me, I promise haha) took them out of the ovens too early and the centers where not cooked enough and still liquefied.
I took the recipe from yellowsaffron's channel on Youtube. The ingredients are as follow:
- 5 1/2 oz (50 g) of dark chocolate. (I use 50g of Cadbury® dark chocolate, because this is my favorite brand).
- 3 1/2 tbsp (20 g) of flour.
- 2 medium eggs + 1 yolk
- A pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp (20 g) of flour.
- 5 1/2 tbsp (80 g) of butter.
- 2/3 cup (90 g) of powdered sugar. (I skipped this step, because I usually buy brown sugar and it would make no difference on the cake)
- 1/2 vanilla pod.
- 4 individual cake tins.
The video is perfectly explained by this Italian lovely girl. (Thank you so much for your recipes).
And Voilà! These are my own pictures:
Yummy Yummy! :)